What is a doula?
Finding your doula
Research & further reading
Midwives Model of Care
Other birth-related groups
||(413) 496-9727 (H) or (413) 822-9674 (C)
|Certification(s) and Experience: Labor and birth doula certified through DONA since 2001.
|Coverage Area: Berkshire County and Northampton MA. I have experience supporting birthing women and their partners at Berkshire Medical Center, Fairview Hospital and North Adams Regional Hospital, and also have attended births at Cooley Dickinson Hospital in Northampton, MA.
|Services Provided: Labor and childbirth support
- A free consultation visit
- Two prenatal visits
- Help preparing birth preferences
- Unlimited 24hr. phone consultation and availability through e-mail
- Information about body positions that help facilitate birth
- Reassurance as your pregnancy advances
- Continuous emotional and physical support during labor, birth and up to two hours after your baby is born
- Help with initial breastfeeding
- One or two postpartum visits to go over your feelings about your birth, scheduled one week to one month following birth
I am an experienced DONA certified doula and live in Pittsfield, MA with my husband and my three teenage daughters. All of my girls were born in a hospital with a midwife in attendance. I had not yet heard of doulas when I gave birth to my daughters, and was supported only by my caring (yet nervous and unsure) husband during my first birth. I learned through experience that the more supported I felt during birth equated to how satisfied I felt with my birth experience. During my second birth my mom and husband were able to comfort and support me, and during my third birth my best friend was able join them. I believe that my third birth became my most satisfying birth experience, not because it was physically easier than my first or second, but because I was so well supported and emotionally well cared for.
I have always been drawn to babies and childbirth, and feel an immense sense of satisfaction when I am able to support women and their partners gently and patiently on their journey to parenthood.
More about Lisa and doula care